Skip to main content

5 years old or 6 maybe

It was before we carpeted the living room
the record player, or maybe the radio,
you were dancing
socks sliding on the hardwood floor
freshly mopped and dried
I do not remember the song
you were very young
so was I
It was the only time 
I ever saw you dance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erosion

front lawns required time, labor, and money They were meant to be remote to be awe inspiring; that first terrible moment, an undramatic lunch with family. racism is worse than you think. The bourgeoisification of man. Uglification and diminishment not a completely unfair summation of his sojourn there. “You know”, his mother said, ”I have trouble understanding art.” Her approach: the Financial, the Economic — unintended consequences of early training. And not the least of the lasting cost.

Japanese 301

boshi first boshi first Staccato taps punctuated each word No, you are clumsy more muttering, surely unflattering her delicate, perfect brush strokes I do not understand you she sighed and for once I agreed